Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
A Progressive web app (PWA) is a web application that uses modern web features to provide users with an application-like experience (ie, iOS, Android, etc.). It combines the features offered by most modern browsers with the benefits of the mobile experience, native features of mobile devices.
The choice of decoupling
The advantages of PWA:
- It is Progressive - works on all browsers;
- It is Responsive - adapts to all screen resolutions;
- It is independent of the connection;
- It is constantly updated;
- It is secure;
- It is installable and shareable;
- It facilitates re-engagement;
- it avoids the different blinds!
A little reading in the blog:
- Drupal and PWA - Part. 3 - Example of a PWA with Drupal 8 and Gatsby - may 2019 ;
- Drupal and PWA - Part. 2 - Decoupling - march 2019 ;
- Drupal andPWA - Part.1 - Overview - february 2019 ;
- GraphQL, an interesting add-on to REST to expose your content in Drupal - october 2017 ;
- Drupal and VueJS : our efficient decoupling ... - july 2017 ;
- The future of mobile apps: Progressive Web Apps - january 2017.